Monday, February 16, 2009

Second Single-handed Trip

KADENA MARINA (Feb. 16, 2009) -- Celebrated President's Day with a single-hand trip down to the Sunabe Sea Wall and back. The trip took a total of 2 hours and twenty-two minutes.



I traveled 8.9 miles in the trip. My average speed was 4 mph.





I did a radio check before heading out and Kadena Marina confirmed. However, on the return leg I dropped both sails at the same time. Or at least tried to and the ship spun a couple of times. Someone at the marina saw this and thought I was in trouble.





I wasn't.






But it didn't help that I didn't answer their radio calls.




Got to remember to turn up the radio full blast when I'm by myself.



I did figure out how to import the GPS maps from my navigation system into the ship's log.




So there will be more additions to this blog.



I didn't take any photos of myself this time. I don't know why, maybe it's becoming more routine to me and less of an event.

No comments: