Saturday, January 31, 2009

Nets 3

KADENA MARINA, Japan (Jan. 31, 2009) Was able to get to the marina for about two hours today to continue the starboardside net installation.

I checked Buoy Weather and Kadena Weather earlier and decided that I would not sail Scarlette on Sunday, (Feb. 1, 2009) because of weather warnings of heavy winds and surf.

As I said previously, the installation is a slow process as I'm wrapping a rope through every other hole in the net to keep it strong and so it doesn't look too hokey.

If I try to go to fast, the rope I'm using a three-strand twisted rope, start to untwist.

I've tried a couple of times to try to find a faster way to do this. The portside net installation took about 5 and a half hours.

So far the starboardside net install has take about three hours.


The owner of the Albatross a 42-foot Tayana yacht walked by and asked, "You got kids?"

"Yep," I answered to his assumption behind the reasoning for putting nets on what is essentially a racing boat.

Plan is to try to finish the net job in hour spats after work this week. I can't really sail Scarlette until the net installation is done and I want to get out on the water next weekend.

Especially, since I couldn't this weekend.

I'll still have more work to do on the nets after they're installed but the major work is getting the starboard side netting installed. Then I'll worry about the small details.



























Got about halfway on Sat. after 2 hrs before going home.

No comments: